Gel Cleanser -50%
PLEASE NOTE: THIS BATCH HAS A SHORTER BEST BEFORE DATE AND MUST BE USED BY END OF 12/2021. IF YOU WISH TO BUY A GEL CLEANSER WITH A LATER EXPIRATION DATE, SHOP OUR NEWEST BATCH HERE.
A deep cleanse shouldn't strip your skin - especially not when dealing with sensitive and problem skin.
Our non-foaming Gel Cleanser thoroughly dissolves oil, dirt and makeup with a potent yet skin-friendly, plant-based surfactant and conditions with hydrating sugar beet extract and anti-bacterial xylitol sugar. Your skin will feel pure, never tight.
Formulated for sensitive & problem skin. No added fragrance. Vegan & natural ingredients. Developed in our own Helsinki lab & made in Finland.
How to use & tips
- Apply to dry skin without using water and massage unto skin.
- Rinse off with water. For a deeper cleanse, soak our re-usable face pads in war, water and wipe off.
- Tip 1: Does it feel like most exfoliants are too harsh? Our Gel doubles as a very light exfoliant - simply leave on skin for 5-10 minutes and rinse off.
- Tip 2: The Gel Cleanser is an excellent gentle alternative to shaving foam for sensitive beards.
- Tip 3: Pairs well for sensitive and problem skin double cleansing together with our Milk Cleanser.
Why it works for sensitive & problem skin
- We've used a minimum of ingredients - only ten go into the Gel.
- It's formulated without added fragrance and alcohol, with a skin-friendly preservative system and a gentle, non-ionic solubiliser/surfactant to thoroughly cleanse skin without disturbing skin's own barrier.
- Sugar beet extract, betaine, fights dehydration and xylitol aids in inhibiting bacterial film on skin.
- Bonus: the Gel is mild enough to take off eye makeup.
- The Gel's pH is around 5.5 (healthy skin's own pH is slightly acidic, between 4.8 and 5.5).
- The Gel has been rigorously tested by our founder Kristina and chemist Jaana, both of whom have a long history of sensitive and problem skim.
Tube made of aluminium, cap made of PP plastic and outerpack made of cardboard.
Solvent. Water. The main vehicle for our Gel Cleanser.
Humectant and skin protecting. Technically a sugar alcohol, glycerin is one of the oldest, most common and most versatile humectants used in cosmetics. It moisturises and protects the skin, accelerates skin barrier recovery and has antimicrobial properties, among other things. We use the vegetable kind, made from rapeseed and organic corn and soy oils.
Thickening. Basically the Gel in our Cleanser, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose is a water-dispersible polymer. Made from natural, wood derived cellulose, which has been synthetically modified.
Humectant and skin conditioning. Betaine is highly purified sugar beet extract, chemically speaking an amino acid derivative, that maintains skin moisture balance and strengthens the skin barrier even under very dry conditions. It is a so-called osmolyte, controlling water balance in living cells. The one we use is made from Finnish sugar beets.
Humectant and skin conditioning. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that moisturises and conditions skin, whilst possessing anti-bacterial properties. There is some interesting research that suggests xylitol has the ability to inhibit bacterial biofilm on skin, which in turn may be the cause of many skin issues. The one we use is made in Finland from European hardwood.
Skin conditioning and preservative. Sodium levulinate is the sodium salt of levulinic acid, an organic acid that in this case is derived from sugarcane. Together with sodium anisate, water and plant derived glycerin, it makes up the preservation system we use for our Gel Cleanser. At the appropriate pH, the salts transform into acid, and voilà – product preserved.
Antimicrobial, flavouring agent and preservative. The salt of star anis derived organic acid. The other half of our preservation system.
Buffering agent. Citric acid is a commonly used buffering, i.e. pH adjusting, agent in cosmetics. It is made through bacterial fermentation and shifts the pH of the product into the acidic range. This is closer to the natural pH of the skin, which may range from 4 to 7, but is usually thought to be between 5 and 6, with recent studies, however, indicating it to be below 5.
Be the first to write a review
The Laponie Lab
All Laponie of Scandinavia products are developed in our own lab outside our native Helsinki. Our lab is run by our head of R&D, cosmetic chemist Jaana and our founder Kristina also works in the lab with her. Everything the ladies make in the lab, they test on their sensitive- and problem-skinned selves.
Gel Cleanser -50%