The right kind of oil is your skin's best friend - it helps lock in moisture by slowing down water loss.
Our award-winning Face Oil for sensitive and problem skin is an easily absorbed mixture of just four pure plant oils: repairing argan oil, softening oat oil, soothing raspberry oil and regenerating rosehip oil. Your skin will feel nourished, but with a nearly matte finish.
Fact, though: an oil does not hydrate your skin, so remember to always use a hydrating product underneath, such as our Face Toner, Calming Treatment or Face Cream.
Formulated for sensitive & problem skin. No added fragrance. Vegan & natural ingredients. Developed in our own Helsinki lab & made in Finland.
Please note, that our All-Around Balm contains high amounts of argan oil. If you are allergic to nuts, you should always consult your doctor and patch test before using this product.
How to use & tips
- Pat 1–4 drops onto cleansed and toner fresh skin. Adjust amount according to needs; if you need to blot after application you are using too much. Works well under makeup.
- Tip 1: Tip 1: Skin feeling dry? Mix a couple of drops of Face Oil with our Face Cream for added care.
- Tip 2: Tip 2: Not a fan of creams? Layer a couple of drops of Face Oil over a few pumps of our Face Toner, or mix the two together in the palm of your hand and apply to your face for easy one-step hydration and care.
Why it works for sensitive & problem skin
- We've used a minimum of ingredients - only four go into the Oil.
- It's completely fragrance-free, and formulated without any added preservatives (as the product is water-free).
- Scared of using oils on clog-prone skin? Don't be. It's all down to the fatty acid profile of each oil and how they combine - those high on linoleic acid are good for acne and oilier type skins, while oleic acid works well for drier types.
- In our Face Oil we've mixed both: rosehip and raspberry are high in linoleic acid and balance out argan, which is slightly higher in oleic acid, while oat comes in at a nearly even 50/50 split between oleic and linoleic acid.
- The Face Oil has been rigorously tested by our founder Kristina and chemist Jaana, both of whom have a long history of sensitive and problem skin.
Bottle made of light protective violet glass, pipette made of glass, PE-HD plastic and nitrile rubber, label made of PE plastic and outerpack made of cardboard.
We are ingredient minimalist – we like leaving stuff out rather than putting more in. Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated, but it has to work.
ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL→
Emollient and skin conditioning. Argan oil. A staple for us. It is obtained from the non-roasted organic kernels of Moroccan Argania Spinosa, i.e. argan nuts. We love it in almost everything, and especially like its repairing qualities. It is slightly higher in oleic acid, but is usually suitable for clog prone skin, as it contains a fair amount of lupeol, a triterpenoid with anti-inflammatory benefits.
AVENA SATIVA KERNEL OIL→
Emollient and skin conditioning. Oat kernel oil. This dark golden oil has a nearly 50/50 balance of oleic and linoleic acids. From a skincare point of view, it's an excellent skin softener and has some calming properties too. We source our oat oil from Fazer, a Finnish family-owned, 127-year-old food and food service company, who produce their oil in Finland, using Finnish oats. The Finnish-ness matters because a) the soil in Finland produces outstanding quality oats and b) it is quite rare for an oil producer to have a 100% local supply chain. Markku, who is head of R&D at the oat mill in Lahti, tells us he has personally eaten all oat products that Fazer makes – including the oil.
ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL→
Emollient and skin conditioning. Rosehip oil. It is rich in linoleic acid and provitamin a, which lends it regenerative properties. It can be beneficial in treating acne, rosacea and pigmentation. Coldpressed and organic.
RUBUS IDAEUS SEED OIL→
Emollient and skin conditioning. Raspberry oil. It contains a large amount of linoleic and alpha linolenic acids, along with vitamin e. Among its central benefits is its ability to soothe skin. Raspberry seed oil may also be useful for treating eczema. Coldpressed and organic.
The Laponie Lab
All Laponie of Scandinavia products are developed in our own lab outside our native Helsinki. Our lab is run by our head of R&D, cosmetic chemist Jaana and our founder Kristina also works in the lab with her. Everything the ladies make in the lab, they test on their sensitive- and problem-skinned selves.
30ml / fi