Purifying, non-drying gel cleanser
Free delivery on all orders over 25€. Delivery in 2-6 business days. Free tester with every order!
A deep cleanse shouldn't strip your skin - especially not when dealing with sensitive and problem skin.
Our non-foaming Gel Cleanser thoroughly dissolves oil, dirt and makeup with a potent yet skin-friendly, plant-based surfactant and conditions with hydrating sugar beet extract and anti-bacterial xylitol sugar. Your skin will feel pure, never tight.
And as a gentle reminder, which bears repeating: ALWAYS, and we really mean ALWAYS, apply the Gel directly onto dry skin, without water. That's how it's formulated. Applying to moist skin will dilute the cleansing power of the Gel. Same goes for our Milk Cleanser. Read more in our How to use section below!
Formulated for sensitive & problem skin. No added fragrance. Vegan & natural ingredients. Developed in our own Helsinki lab & made in Finland.
How to use & tips
How to use & tips
- Apply to dry skin without using water and massage unto skin.
- Rinse off with water. For a deeper cleanse, soak our re-usable face pads in war, water and wipe off.
- Tip 1: Does it feel like most exfoliants are too harsh? Our Gel doubles as a very light exfoliant - simply leave on skin for 5-10 minutes and rinse off.
- Tip 2: The Gel Cleanser is an excellent gentle alternative to shaving foam for sensitive beards.
- Tip 3: Pairs well for sensitive and problem skin double cleansing together with our Milk Cleanser.
Tube made of aluminium, cap made of PP plastic and outerpack made of cardboard.
Why it works for sensitive & problem skin
Why it works for sensitive & problem skin
- We've used a minimum of ingredients - only ten go into the Gel.
- Formulated without added fragrance and without alcohol.
- Formulated with a skin-friendly preservative system. This means gentle stuff - primarily organic acids and their salts - and also that we've created a unique system for the Gel, to minimise the risk of sensitising skin.
- Formulated with a gentle, non-ionic solubiliser/surfactant to thoroughly cleanse skin without disturbing skin's own barrier (non-ionic are the gentlest of all surfactants). The Gel is so mild it's suitable to take off eye makeup.
- Contains sugar beet extract, betaine, to fight dehydration, glycerin, which is a widely used and well-tolerated moisturiser which also helps cleanse skin, and xylitol sugar, which gently fights bacterial film on skin.
- The Gel's pH is around 5.5 (healthy skin's own pH is slightly acidic, between 4.8 and 5.5).
- The Gel has been rigorously tested by our founder Kristina and chemist Jaana, both of whom have a long history of sensitive and problem skin.
Ingredients close-upShow all
Solvent. Water. The main vehicle for our Gel Cleanser.
Humectant and skin protecting. Technically a sugar alcohol, glycerin is one of the oldest, most common and most versatile humectants used in cosmetics. It moisturises and protects the skin, accelerates skin barrier recovery and has antimicrobial properties, among other things. We use the vegetable kind, made from rapeseed and organic corn and soy oils.
Surfactants. Low foaming, non-ionic surfactants, actually solubilisers, made from castor, rapeseed, palm and coconut oils. A surfactant acts as a cleansing agent and emulsifier. The combination we use has excellent and proven makeup removing capabilities, and is mild on the skin and eyes.
Thickening. Basically the Gel in our Cleanser, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose is a water-dispersible polymer. Made from natural, wood derived cellulose, which has been synthetically modified.
Humectant and skin conditioning. Betaine is highly purified sugar beet extract, chemically speaking an amino acid derivative, that maintains skin moisture balance and strengthens the skin barrier even under very dry conditions. It is a so-called osmolyte, controlling water balance in living cells. The one we use is made from Finnish sugar beets.
Humectant and skin conditioning. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that moisturises and conditions skin, whilst possessing anti-bacterial properties. There is some interesting research that suggests xylitol has the ability to inhibit bacterial biofilm on skin, which in turn may be the cause of many skin issues. The one we use is made in Finland from European hardwood.
Skin conditioning and preservative. Sodium levulinate is the sodium salt of levulinic acid, an organic acid that in this case is derived from sugarcane. Together with sodium anisate, water and plant derived glycerin, it makes up the preservation system we use for our Gel Cleanser. At the appropriate pH, the salts transform into acid, and voilà – product preserved.
Antimicrobial, flavouring agent and preservative. The salt of star anis derived organic acid. The other half of our preservation system.
Buffering agent. Citric acid is a commonly used buffering, i.e. pH adjusting, agent in cosmetics. It is made through bacterial fermentation and shifts the pH of the product into the acidic range. This is closer to the natural pH of the skin, which may range from 4 to 7, but is usually thought to be between 5 and 6, with recent studies, however, indicating it to be below 5.
What people think
I have quite sensitive skin and almost always get a reaction w conventional products but this one is so delicate yet effective besides softly exfoliating. Im completely in love, its really hard to find anything similar in the market especially when you know how to read ingredients lists…
Loistava putsari poisti meikin tosi hyvin ei kuivata ja jättää ihon pehmeeksi ja sileäksi
Ei kuivata eikä ärsytä kasvoja, sopii herkälle ihollenni. Meikkiä itsessään ei kerralla poista ,vaatii useamman pesu kerran. Olen ostanut tämän monesti
Todella tehokas putsari, jolla lähtee tujumpikin meikki ärsyttämättä ihoa ja kuivattamatta sitä.