Face Toner Mist
Our Face Toner is a balancing, hydrating, soothing and conditioning treatment essence for sensitive and problem skin. It's made with classic, plant-based glycerin (the queen of humectants if you ask us), multitasking, natural ectoin for longterm hydration, smoothing giant kelp extract and calming liquorice root. Use after cleansing, as a hydrating second step in your routine, to prep for other products or to freshen up and soothe skin.
Dealing with parched winter skin or face masks giving you a hard time? The Toner is great for spraying on throughout the day to soothe skin. And oh - our super sensitive friends like to pair the Toner with our Face Oil for emulsifier-free hydration and care.
Formulated for sensitive & problem skin. No added fragrance. Vegan & natural ingredients. Developed in our own Helsinki lab & made in Finland.
How to use & tips
- Close eyes and spray on face after cleansing, before oils or creams, after or before (water-based serums).
- Tip 1: Use to set make-up or as a quick pick-me-up during the day.
- Tip 2: Spray on a cotton pad and wipe face after cleansing, to remove any residue from cleansers.
- Tip 3: Mix a couple of pumps with a few drops of our Face Oil for one step hydration and nourishment.
- Tip 4: Sun got to your skin? Use the Toner for natural and vegan after-sun care - spritz affected areas to calm and soothe. Can be applied to scalp as well.
- Tip 5: Irritated scalp? The Spray is light enough to use on your scalp.
- Tip 6: Dealing with maskne (acne cause by wearing a face mask)? The Toner is great for soothing skin throughout the day, and can be sprayed over makeup. Just remember to let the Toner dry before putting your mask on.
Why it works for sensitive & problem skin
- We've used a minimum of ingredients - only nine go into the Toner. Less ingredients mean less irritation.
- Formulated without added fragrance and without alcohol.
- Formulated with a skin-friendly preservative system. This means gentle stuff - primarily organic acids and their salts - and also that we've created a unique system for the Toner, to minimise overlap with other leave-on products and minimise the risk of sensitising skin.
- Ectoin is a true multi-tasker for sensitive and problem skin: its benefits include long-term hydration, diminished skin roughness, skin barrier repair and anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. Liquorice root improves the appearance improves the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness, and possesses anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The Toner's pH is around 5.5, and adjusted with mild anisic acid from star anise (healthy skin's own pH is slightly acidic, between 4.8 and 5.5).
- The Toner has been rigorously tested by our founder Kristina and chemist Jaana, both of whom have a long history of sensitive and problem skin.
Bottle made of light protective violet glass, pump made of PE-HD, PE-LD, PP, POM and stainless steel, label made of PE and outerpack made of cardboard.
We are ingredient minimalist – we like leaving stuff out rather than putting more in. Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated, but it has to work.
Solvent. Water. The main vehicle for our Toner Spray.
Skin conditioning. Ectoin is a powerful, small, multi-tasking and natural stress-protection molecule, a so-called extremolyte. From a chemical point of view, it is a cyclic amino acid derivate. Extremolytes protect extremophilic microorganisms and plants from the extreme conditions of their habitats like salt lakes, hot springs, permanent ice or deserts. The properties of ectoin have been proven by various in-vivo studies: its benefits include long-term moisturisation, diminished skin roughness, skin barrier repair and anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. We get ours from a lovely little company in Germany, where it is produced through biotechnological fermentation from a specific, non-GMO strain of the halophilic bacteria Halomonas elongata.
Humectant and skin protecting. Technically a sugar alcohol, glycerin is one of the oldest, most common and most versatile humectants used in cosmetics. In our toner, it constitutes the solvent for the giant kelp extract we use. Glycerin moisturises and protects the skin, accelerates skin barrier recovery and has anti-microbial properties, among other things. This particular variety is made from European rapeseed.
Skin conditioning and preservative. Sodium levulinate is the sodium salt of levulinic acid, which is an organic acid derived from in this case sugarcane. Together with potassium sorbate, dehydroacetic acid and p-anisic acid it makes up the preservative system in our toner.
Preservative. Potassium sorbate is widely used in a variety of foods and personal care products. It works by inhibiting the growth of molds, yeasts and bacteria to preserve the freshness and quality of foods, beverages, or cosmetic products. Potassium sorbate is the potassium salt of sorbic acid, which is naturally occurring in some berries, although virtually all of the world's production of sorbic acid, as well as potassium sorbate, is manufactured synthetically. Together with sodium levulinate, dehydroacetic acid and p-anisic acid it makes up the preservative system in our toner.
Preservative. Dehydroacetic acid is chemically synthesized through a multi-step reaction, starting with acetylene. Although it is not plant derived, it is approved by natural certification institutes such as COSMOS thanks to its mildness to the skin and body, as well as the absence of any alternative registered (approved) natural preservatives under the EU cosmetic regulation. Together with potassium sorbate, sodium levulinate and p-anisic acid it makes up the preservative system in our toner.
MACROCYSTIS PYRIFERA EXTRACT→
Skin conditioning. Giant kelp. Macrocystis pyrifera is a species of kelp, and is one of the fastest growing organisms on Earth. It smooths and hydrates skin, with some studies indicating it has the ability to improve collagen synthesis and maintain skin elasticity. The kelp we use comes from South America.
Humectant and skin conditioning. Another skincare multi-tasker, dipotassium glycyrrhizate is the dipotassium salt of glycyrrhizic acid derived from liquorice root. It improves the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness, and possesses anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies also suggest it inhibits the skin’s tyrosinase activity and melanin production, making it an agent against hyperpigmentation. And if that’s not enough, further studies have demonstrated that the salt aids in reducing the redness and irritation associated with rosacea, psoriasis and acne. This one is made in Japan.
Masking. Star anise derived, mild and skin friendly organic acid. We use it to boost our preservation system and also to regulate the pH of our toner. It also exhibits anti-inflammatory properties. Together with sodium levulinate, potassium sorbate and dehydroacetic acid it makes up the preservative system in our toner.
Vesimäisestä koostumuksestaan huolimatta yllättävän kosteuttava, täysin tuoksuton kasvovesi. Ei ärsytä ihoa. Ainoa miinus on hinta, joka on täyttöpullollakin kalliihko 😶
Sumutinta on ilmeisesti paranneltu sillä tämä ei ole lainkaan isopisaraista, kuten vanhemmissa arvosteluissa on moitittu. Koostumus on muutenkin miellyttävä, ja tätä voi hyvin sumuttaa myös meikin päälle. Ei tosin minulla ainakaan välittömästi rauhoita jos posket ovat helahtaneet punaiseksi. Minulla ongelmallinen akneiho, joka tosin Roa-kuurin myötä on tämän käytön aikana ollut rauhallinen.
Ihoni reagoi tähän useamman käyttökertan jälkeenkin. Kirvelee, kuumottaa ja punoittaa. Pari kertaa ei ole reagoinut, mutta olen käyttänyt noin 10 kertaa, enkä enää kehtaa ottaa riskiä, jos on jonnekin lähdössä. Harmi, tuote oli kuitenkin melko hintava, mutta ei ole ainut tuote, jonka kanssa on näin käynyt. Minulla on herkkä iho, mutta ei atooppinen, enkä löytänyt ainesosaluettelosta mitään, mille olisin allerginen.
Rauhoittava kasvovesi, joka sopii atooppiselle iholleni. Ainut miinus korkeasta hinnasta, mutta aion silti tilata tuotetta uudelleen.
Kosteuttaa ja virkistää pintakuivaa sekaihoa. Helppo kerrostaa, 2-4 kerrosta aamuin illoin pitää ihon todella pehmeänä. Ihana.
The Laponie Lab
All Laponie of Scandinavia products are developed in our own lab outside our native Helsinki. Our lab is run by our head of R&D, cosmetic chemist Jaana and our founder Kristina also works in the lab with her. Everything the ladies make in the lab, they test on their sensitive- and problem-skinned selves.
Face Toner Mist
50ml / fi